Labor Connections has an exciting opportunity for MIG welders in the Lenoir area. The primary function will be to perform various duties to set welding fixtures, assemble and clamp parts and MIG weld joints on a variety of parts and assemblies following standard practices and procedures.
Welder Job Description:
- Adjust locating rails and stops for length, width of assembly and position of components to be welded. Use assembly components as setting gauges and use tape to measure within 1/16 inch. Refer to charts and sketches for set up information.
- Place posts, horizontal and diagonal braces, connectors, foot plates or other components into fixture, rotate braces using special hand tool, position parts to stops and clamp in place using “C” clamps, quick clamps, air operated or other clamping devices.
- MIG weld bead or tack all accessible joints as necessary, remove or release clamps and remove assembly to position for complete welding..
- Manually weld connectors to beams or touch up weld from auto beam welder as required.
- Make necessary adjustments to wire feed, heat and gas flow.
- May use gas torch to cut notches and heating parts for bending as required.
- Obtain material on rack truck from storage area or from rolling mills. Get welded wire as required from storage, transfer to work area, mount on reel and assemble to wire feed mechanism overhead using helper to hold feeder in position.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and practices.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed by supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs including overhead and repetitive over a 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and use hand tools repetitively.
- Must be reliable with a good work ethic and attendance.
- Must have basic math skills including ruler and measurement skills
- All welder applicants must submit to both a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. If offered a job you will also need to have steel toed boots/shoes.
Why work at Labor Connections LLC
At Labor Connections LLC our openings are temp to perm with growing companies in construction, warehouse, manufacturing, and light industrial looking to hire their next employee.
During your temp period as a material handler, Labor Connections LLC offers weekly pay, direct deposit, and optional medical, vision, dental, and life benefits to our employees. We have offices in Conover, Hickory, Morganton, and Gastonia to better help you on your career search.