Welder - 2nd Shift
Labor connections has an exciting opportunity for a 2nd shift MIG welder in the Denver, NC area. The primary function will be to perform various duties to set welding fixtures, assemble and clamp parts, and MIG weld joints on a variety of parts and assemblies following standard practices and procedures.
Hours are from 3:30 PM to 2 AM Monday to Thursday with opportunities for overtime Friday and Saturday as needed/required due to business needs. Pay starts at $18 per hour, weekly pay, and benefits available.
Welder Job Responsibilities:
- Adjust locating rails and stops for length, the width of assembly, and position of components to be welded. Use assembly components as setting gauges and use tape to measure within 1/16 inch. Refer to charts and sketches for set up information.
- Place posts, horizontal and diagonal braces, connectors, footplates or other components into the fixture, rotate braces using a special hand tool, position parts to stops and clamp in place using “C” clamps, quick clamps, air operated or other clamping devices.
- MIG weld bead or tack all accessible joints as necessary, remove or release clamps and remove the assembly to position for complete welding..
- Manually weld connectors to beams or touch up weld from auto beam welder as required.
- Make necessary adjustments to wire feed, heat, and gas flow.
- May use a gas torch to cut notches and heating parts for bending as required.
- Obtain material on rack truck from storage area or from rolling mills. Get welded wire as required from storage, transfer to work area, mount on a reel and assemble to wire feed mechanism overhead using a helper to hold the feeder in position.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and practices.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed by the supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs up to 60 lbs.
- MIG welding experience or formal MIG welding training or able to complete and pass a welding test.
- Ability to read a tape measure and basic math skills
- Reliable with good attendance and work ethic.
- All (job posting name) applicants must submit to both a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. If offered a job you will also need to have steel-toed boots/shoes.
Why work at Labor Connections LLC
At Labor Connections LLC our openings are temp to perm with growing companies in construction, warehouse, manufacturing, and light industrial looking to hire their next employee.
During your temp period as a welder, Labor Connections LLC offers weekly pay, direct deposit, and optional medical, vision, dental, and life benefits to our employees. We have offices in Conover, Hickory, and Statesville to better help you on your career search.