Pipe Fitter / Welder
Location : Catawba County
Job Type : Temp to Perm
Compensation : open - 15 - 25 Hourly
Start Date : 05/24/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : NA
Required Education : NA
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking pipe fitters /welders for ongoing work in and around Catawba County. These are typically first shift openings according to the project requirements. This assignment involves operating a pipe threading machine along with soft soldering and silver soldering. The bulk of the piping is either Victaulic joints or threaded joints. There is very little welding involved.
Required Qualifications :
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform all duties in a safe manner on the job according to OSHA regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including but not limited to, customers, construction managers, architects, engineers, construction crews, field superintendents and field supervisors.
- Must be customer-focused at all times and provide the highest levels of customer service equal to or exceeding the quality of work we expect.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Previous experience as a construction helper is preferred, but not a requirement.
- The primary language spoken within our business environment is English. The position requires that the individual have the ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) in English at a level sufficient for a variety of people to understand clearly.
- The individual must possess the abilities to read and write at a level sufficient to identify, interpret, and comprehend various construction drawings and documents.
- A valid driver’s license is required.