Pipe Fitter / Welder
We are seeking pipe fitters /welders for ongoing work in and around Catawba County. These are typically first shift openings according to the project requirements. This assignment involves operating a pipe threading machine along with soft soldering and silver soldering. The bulk of the piping is either Victaulic joints or threaded joints. There is very little welding involved.
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform all duties in a safe manner on the job according to OSHA regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including but not limited to, customers, construction managers, architects, engineers, construction crews, field superintendents and field supervisors.
- Must be customer-focused at all times and provide the highest levels of customer service equal to or exceeding the quality of work we expect.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Previous experience as a construction helper is preferred, but not a requirement.
- The primary language spoken within our business environment is English. The position requires that the individual have the ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) in English at a level sufficient for a variety of people to understand clearly.
- The individual must possess the abilities to read and write at a level sufficient to identify, interpret, and comprehend various construction drawings and documents.
- A valid driver’s license is required.