Material Handler - 2nd shift
Material Handler - 2nd Shift
We have immediate need for general laborers/material handlers for the Lincolnton/Denver area. I do have openings on 2nd shift in a fast paced manufacturing environment. You will be supporting production of steel product by physically moving materials through the production/fabrication teams, finishing, and shipping process. You must be able to lift/carry 60 lbs consistently throughout a 12 hour shift.
This material handler role starts out temp to perm and is with a great company that offers advancement, equipment/boot allowances, along with benefits. Perfect for someone looking for a long-term career with a growing company.
Material Handler Job Functions are as follows:
- Work in teams handling, steel, end of beams, uprights or others parts to be fabricated, painted/finished or shipped.
- Operate steel banding equipment to band painted parts into bundles. Apply supplied warning labels
- Detect and report equipment malfunctions, unusual situations, other problems to the team leader. -Follow all safety rules, regulations and practices.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned by the team leader or supervisor.
Material Handler Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs including overhead and repetitive over a 10 hour shift.
- Must be able to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and use hand tools repetitively.
- Must be reliable with a good work ethic and attendance.
- Must have basic math skills including ruler and measurement skills
- All Material Handler applicants must submit to both a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. If offered a job you will also need to have steel toed boots/shoes.
Why work at Labor Connections LLC
At Labor Connections LLC our openings are temp to perm with growing companies in construction, warehouse, manufacturing, and light industrial looking to hire their next employee.
During your temp period as a material handler, Labor Connections LLC offers weekly pay, direct deposit, and optional medical, vision, dental, and life benefits to our employees. We have offices in Conover, Hickory, Morganton, and Gastonia to better help you on your career search.