Material Handler - 1st and 2nd Shift
Material Handler -1st and 2nd Shift
Labor Connections, LLC is seeking several Material Handlers/ General Laborers for a company in Denver, NC. We have both 1st and 2nd shift positions and hours will be Monday through Thursday - Friday and Saturday overtime may be required.
Pay is 13.30 + to 14.60 and up to $16 for forklift operators depending on shift.
Material Handler Job Functions:
- Get prescribed packs/hooks from rack storage area and hang on paint chain hooks according to spacing prescribed for specific parts.
- Hang parts to be painted in pre-established multiples
- Removed painted parts from chain at unload station and stack or stand on racks in position and multiples for banding for storage and shipment.
- Work in teams of 2, with each racker handling on end of beams, uprights or others pats to be painted or unloaded.
- Operate steel banding equipment to band painted parts into bundles. Apply supplied warning labels
- Assist in cleaning paint booths, wash tank, cleaning and repairing paint chain and burning paint from racks and hooks.
- Detect and report equipment malfunctions, unusual situations, other problems to the team leader. -Follow all safety rules, regulations and practices.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned by the team leader or supervisor.
Material Handler Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. including overhead and repetitive over a 10-hour shift.
- Must be able to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and use hand tools repetitively.
- Must be reliable with a good work ethic and attendance.
- Must have basic math skills including ruler and measurement skills
- All Material Handler applicants must submit to both a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. If offered a job you will also need to have steel-toed boots/shoes.
Why work at Labor Connections LLC
At Labor Connections LLC our openings are temp to perm with growing companies in construction, warehouse, manufacturing, and light industrial looking to hire their next employee.
During your temp period as a material handler, Labor Connections LLC offers weekly pay, direct deposit, and optional medical, vision, dental, and life benefits to our employees. We have offices in Conover, Morganton, and Statesville to better help you on your career search.