Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
Manufacturing Maintenance Manager – Textile
Temp to perm or direct hire for the right candidate with a growing textile company seeking a maintenance manager for a manufacturing facility in Gastonia, NC. Annual salary between $60,000 to $70,000 depending on experience.
Manufacturing Maintenance Manager Duties:
- Supervise Maintenance department staff, including hiring and training qualified employees, creating work assignments, overseeing duties, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Inspect buildings and identify/report maintenance issues, including electrical and plumbing.
- Maintain and repair equipment.
- Implement departmental policies and procedures, develop and recommend systems and procedures, create maintenance reports.
- Maintain work-related records and prepare work reports as directed by the VP of Engineering.
- Develop and maintain inventories of equipment, tools, and other supplies.
- Identify and schedule work to be performed throughout the year, including scheduled shutdowns and annual boiler inspections.
- Maintain current files and records of building plans and specifications.
- Develop and maintain a maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Stay abreast of new issues and trends in facilities/maintenance and attend any required or recommended training.
- Maintain knowledge of pertinent laws and ordinances.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to the maintenance team and other staff.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area; practice and promote safety at all times.
Manufacturing Maintenance Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree preferred however High School or GED with applicable related work experience is acceptable.
- Basic Computer Skills including working knowledge of spreadsheets and inventory systems along with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Driver’s License
- Forklift Certification or able to pass the forklift certification process.
- Legible handwriting to complete paperwork
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating production schedules, and procedure manuals and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Along with the ability to use formulas to convert weights and measurements (i.e. grams to pounds.)
- Ability to stand, bend, climb, stoop, crouch, use hand tools, lift up to 75lbs, and work in hot or cold indoor and outdoor environments over an 8-12-hour shift.
- Knowledge of electrical and hand tools and electrical and/or electronic parts.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge and aptitude for basic construction.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment while achieving a common goal including the ability to professionally interact with all staff and management and coach/train employees.
- Time management skills with good attention to detail, and the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects/tasks.