IT Support Specialist
Looking for a career opportunity and a great work environment with a small corporate team. Labor Connections LLC is recognized as an industry leader among staffing agencies with 3 locations serving over 300+ employees in North Carolina. If you enjoy working independently, communicating with teams, and have a record of reliability we have a place for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
We have a position for an IT Service Desk Technician to provide first level IT support throughout the organization. Most work will be phone/remote from a corporate office location in Conover NC, but about 20 percent will be onsite at the desk side. This is not a work from home position.
IT Service Desk Technician’s primary role is user creation and termination; providing technical support for software, laptop and smartphone hardware, telephone, printer and audio-video conferencing problem resolution to employees by performing problem diagnosis and providing timely solutions to the end-users remotely and onsite; clearly communicating technical solutions in a professional manner; setup and install hardware and software; provide desk side assistance to users as needed; documenting all support activities; and performing related work as required.
This position is a non-exempt IT position located in Conover, NC. This position reports to the
Owner and works with the Sales Manager and District Manager. There are no direct reports to this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Works as the main IT Support contact, providing professional and courteous assistance to our Teammates, with a genuine desire to understand and solve problems through to completion.
· Respond to IT Service Desk requests via telephone, email, remote access, and in- person.
· Tracks all end-user support activities through the IT Department’s incident tracking system.
· Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups for software and vendor programs.
· Monitors and enforces corporate data integrity and security policy.
· Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and software, e-mail, Internet, WiFi and local-area network access problems.
· Delivers, tags, and configures end-user laptop/desktop/cell phone hardware, software, and peripherals as needed and assigned.
· Develop and maintain an advanced level of proficiency with software and hardware in use.
· Work independently to research and resolve complex technical issues.
· Occasionally visit remote offices to provide onsite assistance and inventory tasks as needed.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Continuing education required to build technical skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills. At least one year of experience working in an IT support role. Must have basic knowledge of the Windows Server and desktop operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, Microsoft Office Desktop and Office 365 Cloud application, desktop/laptop hardware, mobile devices. Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals. Prefer knowledge of working with videoconferencing equipment, printers, mobile device management, and other software applications in a office environment. Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
· A four-year degree from an accredited college or university or associate degree in technology field preferred.
· Knowledge of MS Office products, Office 365, Windows AD, TCP/IP networks and network equipment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server OS, ChromeOS, iOS, and Android
· Maintains a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $0.00 - $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
We follow all CDC Covid 19 Guidelines
- IT support: 1 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations