We are seeking several Forklift operators for the Mocksville area. Openings on 2nd shift. This is a 2:00pm until finished position. This is a physical fast-moving job where you will be supporting a distribution facility in unloading, sorting and checking freight. This position is also responsible for moving palletized product from receiving area to the correct warehouse location and rotating material, as needed. You must not have any fear of heights.
This role starts out temp but will go perm. Perfect for someone looking for a long-term career with a growing company.
Job Functions for the Forklift Operator:
· Responsible for the timely unloading of incoming trucks, as well as accurately sorting and checking in of freight, and breaking down of product, as needed.
· Adheres to all customer requests according to established policies.
· Maintains a clean, orderly work environment. Cleans and straightens while performing general duties.
· Operates all warehouse equipment efficiently in a safe manner to avoid injury to personnel and equipment.
Job Requirements for the Forklift Operator:
· Previous warehouse/distribution center experience preferred
· Previous forklift or reach lift experience is highly desired
· Able to operate or willing to learn how to operate powered industrial equipment. This may include operating an order picker, walker-rider, and an electronic pallet jack; as well as working at heights up to 25 feet
· Attention to detail is crucial for this position
· Able to work in fast paced environment and with minimal supervision
· Excellent previous attendance history
· Basic math skills are required
· Must be able to perform all physical motions including bending, reaching, stretching, walking, pushing carts, stand or walk for long periods for entire shift often over 8hrs/shift, and lifting as much as 60lbs (or more) push/pull carts weighing 100lbs or more repeatedly throughout the shift. With or without reasonable accommodation.
· Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced ever-changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Please be aware
Clean background. No felonies (past 7 years), nothing repetitive
About Labor Connections, LLC
At Labor Connections LLC our openings are temp to perm with growing companies in construction, warehouse, manufacturing, and light industrial looking to hire their next employee.
During your temp period as a Forklift operator, Labor Connections LLC offers weekly pay, direct deposit, and optional medical, vision, dental, and life benefits to our employees. We have offices in Conover, Morganton, and Statesville.